Sunday, January 25, 2004

A quick introduction



Hi, I am Baji Jagannatha Ram Rao.
I was born and educated in Bombay (since 1996 called Mumbai).
Aside from eight years spent overseas my workplace has mostly been Mumbai.

After completing my BE in electronics & communications engineering in 1980, I have enjoyed a fulfilling twenty-four year career to date which included ten years with Tata Consultancy Services and five years with Larsen & Toubro Ltd, executing software projects with IBM in upstate New York, Hewlett-Packard at Lake Stevens, Wa, an electronic design automation company in Los Gatos, Ca, Bell-Northern Research Canada, Europe's largest cargo-container stevedoring and transhipment company in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, Sweden's leading electricity and heat supplier: Vattenfall Group and Matsushita Systems Engg, Japan.

In the late 1990s I was COO of Mindteck (India) Ltd.
and CEO of e-SmartNET, a division of Zicom Electronic Security Systems Ltd.
We delivered services in the exciting domain of embedded systems.

In 2002, I founded Bajirao Technologies Pvt. Ltd., a medical informatics startup based in Chembur, Mumbai, India.

Having worked almost a quarter-century worldwide since 1981, my compatriots and I got India, globally recognized in infotech. Aren’t we rightfully proud!


Love reading Tracy Kidder’s

“The Soul Of A New Machine”,
Rich Bach’s “Jonathan Livingstone Seagull” and Paulo Coelho’s “The Alchemist”.

Love to travel and visit places.


Personally, I have a passion for automobiles. Eight years overseas gave ample opportunity to own and lease many interesting varieties. Among these were a Ford Tempo, a Pontiac 1000, a Dodge Aries, a Ford Maverick, a Mercedes 190-E W201, a Ford Sierra, an Opel Rekord, a Ford
Taunus-Cortina, a Ford Mustang, a Pontiac Catalina Safari wagon (my land-yacht), a four-wheel-drive Mahindra MM540, two Daewoo Cielos, a twin-cam 16-valve Daewoo Nexia.

I used to run a weekly spot-the-car contest
at www.cybersteering.com.